THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. YOU CAN READ MY DISCLOSURE POLICY HERE.
Coffee is my favorite.
Hot, iced, slushed, or candy style. It just makes my heart happy.
Cold brew coffee is perfect any day but especially when those temps start rising. It is so easy to make that you just may stop swinging by your fave coffee shop and start making it yourself! Just think about how much money you will save.
Making coffee cold brew style will result in a smooth tasting coffee as opposed to brewing coffee and then icing it. That results in watery, bitter coffee.
You only need a few items like a jar with lid, coffee grounds or beans, filter, and filter basket. And patience. It takes at least 12 hours for the coffee to “brew”. But I promise you that it is worth it!
Now if you have a coffee bean grinder, then you can grind your beans right before you brew. Your local coffee shop may sell their beans by the pound. #shoplocal Or you can just buy some at the grocery.
Now let me show you how super simple it is to make Cold Brew Coffee.
Cold Brew Coffee Recipe
1 cup of coffee grounds
3 cups water
Large Jar with a lid – Like these
Coffee filter or cheesecloth
1. Add 1 cup of coffee grounds to 3 cups water.
2. Stir and screw the lid on.
3. Place jar in the fridge overnight or for 12 hours. Waiting is seriously the hardest part.
4. Wait patiently.
5. Strain the grounds. This is definitely the most time-consuming part. But if you have a conventional coffee maker, you can put a filter in the basket and a clean jar underneath and viola(!), a cold brew coffee. I used my pour over basket and it does go slowly as you can see here.
6. Drink some of the most delicious coffee ever.
Do you have a favorite cold brew coffee recipe?